MNxMN 2018: Beyond Resistance
TIME & LOCATION
MNxMN 2018: Beyond Resistance is a brand new social justice conference designed to bring together new and experienced activists from around the state to focus on issues affecting all Minnesotans. Our goal is for participants to become more effective advocates in preparation for the 2018 legislative session, mid-term elections and ongoing grassroots activism.
This one-day event will feature workshops, speakers, forums and activities to deepen knowledge, develop advocacy skills and build relationships between new and existing activist organizations and individuals. Sessions will be based on the following themes:
- Community Building
- Skills for Effective Activism
- Understanding the Issues: Passion to Purpose
Children under the age of 12 are welcome to attend MNxMN 2018: Beyond Resistance free of charge! There will be a staffed childcare room open from 8am – 5:30pm, to which parents and caregivers are welcome to bring their children at any time during the conference. There will also be a unstaffed children’s Activity Center in the Exhibit Hall. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to use this area of the Exhibit Hall to spend time with their children while not attending workshop sessions.
To save your child a place in the childcare room, please complete the form found on our childcare page.
Guidelines for children attending :
- We ask parents and caregivers to bring lunch for your children or buy lunch for them from conference vendors. The snacks provided in the childcare room will not make a substantial lunch. If your children have dietary restrictions and allergies, please bring food they can eat.
- MNxMN will provide some toys, games, and snacks, but invite attendees with children to bring some of your children’s favorite toys, games, and snacks to share.
- Kids are welcome to attend workshops with a responsible adult. Due to the small workshop size, we ask that those having trouble being quiet listeners go with their caregivers to the children's activity center in the Exhibit Hall or be taken to the childcare room.
MNxMN values accessibility of our event for all Minnesotans. We are a 100% volunteer run, not-for-profit organization (501(c)4 status in application) and are using the ticket price to cover the costs associated with putting on the event. We are seeking support for a scholarship fund that will enable those who cannot afford the registration fee to participate in the Beyond Resistance event. Our goal is to provide scholarships for up to one third of all participants in the event – up to 300 people. You can help us achieve that goal by choosing the Sponsorship Registration ticket option when you register.
If ticket cost is a barrier, we are able to provide a limited number of scholarships, thanks to support provided by our sponsors and individuals. We ask that scholarship applicants be from a traditionally underrepresented and/or marginalized group including, but not limited to: persons of color, Indigenous peoples, persons identifying as LGBTQAI, women, and/or persons with disabilities; and that applicants be unable to attend without financial assistance. Scholarship recipients will be notified via email by January 14th. Those not awarded a scholarship will be able to purchase a ticket at an early bird price or can donate 2 volunteer hours for free admission. If you’re interested in volunteering, please sign up here on our Volunteer page.
Upon registration, you will receive an email with a confirmation of your purchase and a ticket number. Within 24 hours of registration, you will receive a personalized link to register for sessions.
QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH REGISTRATION? Please contact email@example.com